So… It has been sixteen days since I’ve ended my Cookies Free Challenge and it has been really easy to stick to it. What have I been doing these last days?
I have decided to run a half marathon.
When I was younger I was the worst runner of my class, every year. Running was the hardest thing in sports and… it still is! So it’s a huge challenge for me and it will be an amazing achieve if I finish one!
But since “a goal without a plan is just a wish” (Antoine de Saint-Exupery) I have started last week running on a treadmill. I’m alternating walking fast (4.8 mile/h) with slow running (5.4 and 5.8 mile/h). On the first days I’ve done 5 minutes of this after walking fast for 10 minutes and now I’m doing 10 minutes of walk+run after walking fast for 5 minutes (I will always keep these 5 minutes to warm up).
I also started doing a pilates class for 1h/week in a gym near me every Wednesdays. Yesterday many of the exercises only needed an elastic band or just our body so it’s really easy to do them at home too. So every time I go running on the treadmill I also do some of these and others which I’ve been reading on sport magazines and books or watching on youtube.
I’m showing you the second book I’ve bought since I started this blog. I’ve also bought it from amazon and I chose a used one again, really cheap.
"The Dorm Room Diet" is organized in eight parts:
Part I – Get Inspired
Part II – Get Informed
Part III – Get Started
Part IV – Get a Grip: Where and How to Eat Responsibly at College
Part V – Get Prepared: The 5 Danger Zones and How to Survive Them
Part VI – Get Moving: The Exercise Factor
Part VII – Get Your Vitamins: Everything You Need to Know About Supplements.
Part VIII – Get Happy: A More Relaxed, More Effective You
The author is Daphne Oz (daughter of Dr. Oz)
I have bought this book mainly because of Parts IV, V and VI. I’m not a dorm student but I do stay many hours at college and sometimes I don’t even have an hour for lunchtime so it’s easy to peek the pastry, cakes, chocolates, etc, available there because I don’t waste much time to eat them and are cheaper than the healthy alternatives. The Part VI is my favorite one, it has a workout for each section of our body: arms, back, legs, butt, abdomen, and don’t require much room or time. I’ve already did the back workout section and they are really good exercises, I can’t wait to try the other ones!
I'm planning to show you the workout I've been doing and some great foods I'm trying, too.
Hope you'll like :)
I'm planning to show you the workout I've been doing and some great foods I'm trying, too.
Hope you'll like :)
No comments:
Post a Comment